We had dinner with some dear friends a few weeks ago. Our former neighbours, who just moved out recently, used to live just three doors down. They are the most gracious hosts, always generously feeding their guests with deliciously dreamy food and choice drink. I had to force my salad contributions on them as I said I wouldn’t take no for an answer!
Here’s one of the salads I whipped up …
Watermelon Cucumber Salad
Skill Level: If you can use a knife, you can do this.
Prep Time: 10 – 15 minutes
- 3 handfuls of cubed watermelon (my hands are small I know … but they’re not yours, they are my own, but I digress)
- 3 mini cucumbers (chopped)
- feta (either in cm cubes or crumbled)
- mint leaves (torn or chopped)
- lemon juice (half a lemon should just about do it)
- olive oil (one swirl)
- salt and pepper
Combine and toss.
Let me know how it goes. It’s an unexpected addition to the summer menu!